Thursday 2 March 2017

Rajasthan

My Trip to Rajasthan


Whenever I feel lonely or disgusted with my daily busy routine, I extract myself out from the barriers of my home and proceed on a short trip to rejuvenate my senses with fresh energy. Recently, I visited Rajasthan, a state of India, which is popularly known as the "Place of Rajput Warriors". When I reached Rajasthan I found the state many times beautiful than my expectations. Each and everywhere I found distinct qualities of sculptural art that flourished in the palaces, forts and royal halls, constructed at different times by the great rulers. In addition to these, the warm friendly people and their life style and the rich and varied culture of Rajasthan fascinated me a lot. Besides, the warm welcome that I received from local people enthralled me a lot.


On my 10 days trip to this historical state, I visited various charming destinations of Rajasthan such as Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Udaipur, Ajmer-Pushkar etc. I am feeling glad to share the details of my visits to those cities here with you people.


Jaipur : I commenced my journey from the capital city of Jaipur, which is famous as, ‘Pink City’. The local people made me acknowledged about this fact that the name of the city is as such because here each and every house, office and institution are coloured in pink hue. The splendid architectural grandeur of Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar, Man Singh Palace and the serenity of Jagat Shiromani Temple spellbound me totally. Beside, I came across a marvellous blending of the Mughal and Rajput cultures in Jaipur city which add more to my vacationing experience.

Jodhpur : After passing two days in Jaipur, I set out for Jodhpur by a car that was provided by my tour operator. I heard from the common folk that this city is known as the ‘Sun City’. The impressive and formidable structure of the ‘Mehrangarh Fort’ gave me the idea about the defensive steps partaken by the Rajput warriors during the mediaeval periods. Apart from that, the rich decorations of the Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Sheesh Mahal, and the Daulat Khana kept me enthralled. The other charming places of Jodhpur I visited were the Jaswant Thada, Girdikot, Sardar Market and the 20th century Umaid Bhawan Palace which filled my travelling mind full of pleasure. I stayed here for one and half day and then started for Bikaner by cab.


Bikaner : When I reached Bikaner, it was already 10 p.m. The desert city was plunged into slumber sleep then. I check into a hotel arranged by my tour operator and elapsed the chilly night comfortably. In the early morning, I went out to visit the famous Junagarh Fort, the Lalgarh Palace and the Gajner Palace. The architectural wealth of these palaces totally surprised me. In the afternoon, I made a trip to the Gajner where the wildlife varieties fascinated me. In the Ganga Golden Jubilee Museum of Bikaner, I found antique collections of different periods of ‘Rajputana History’.

Jaisalmer :
 My next halt was the desert city of Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer is worldly known as the ‘Yellow City’, due to yellow sand stone buildings. At Jaisalmer, I spent one day and visited the Jaisalmer Fort, Gadsisar Lake, Ludrava and Aakal.The city of Jaisalmer conveyed immense pleasure to me, as I found yellow sand dunes all through and enjoyed the camel safari for the first time in my life here. It’s an adventurous feelings that I can’s share with you better you try it on your own during Rajasthan trip.

Udaipur : The city of Udaipur offered me a warm welcome through its magnificent marble palaces, forts, and conspicuous lakes as well as beautiful gardens. I visited the imposing City Palace, where I found interesting areas like Suraj Gokhada, Sheesh Mahal, Mor Chowk, Zeena Mahal, Darbar Hall etc. Next, the ornamented decorations of the Jagdish Temple and the serene outlook of the Lake Palace mesmerized me a lot.

Ajmer-Pushkar :
 My last visiting place in Rajasthan was to the city of Ajmer. Later I knew that it is the final resting place of the great Sufi Saint – Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti. I paid my homage to Garib Nawaj here and also saw the Adhai-din-ka-Jhonpra. The Taragarh Fort and the Ana Sagar lake were also the other interesting places of Ajmer where I enjoyed a lot. Next I visited the holy town of Pushkar, which is home to famous Brahma Temple and Pushkar Lake.

Fairs and Festivals
My tour operator earlier told me about the festivals of Rajasthan and advised me to visit Rajasthan during the month of Januray. I am lucky enough that I got a chance to participate in the famous Camel Festival of Bikaner and the Desert Festival of Jaisalmer during my short trip to Rajasthan. Both the cities were highly crowded during the festival days. People from different regions of India and abroad congregated here at this time to enjoy these popular festivals. People from distant villages of Rajasthan arrived at the festival spots along with their homemade earthen wares, and other regional materials to sell them in the fairs. I also collected an ethnic earthen pot from one Solanki girl, which I will keep always a memoir of the trip. Apart from this, I also enjoyed a number of events organized in these festivals.

Life-style of Common people
During my Rajasthan trip I met with a number of local people who were very friendly by nature. As they are bred and brought up in a rough and tough atmosphere, they are very strong both physically and mentally. They still regard themselves as the descendants of the mighty valiant heroes of Rajasthan. I lead a very simple life but they are very diligent and courageous. The rural people of Rajasthan carry on their livelihood through various professions like agriculture, cattle-breeding and pottery.
Special Attraction of My Rajasthan Trip
Camel Safari : Camel safari is the most interesting part of my entire trip to Rajasthan, it was a mind blowing experience for me. I enjoyed a small journey from Jaisalmer desert to Barmer on camel’s back. With the help of the ‘mahaut’ I sat upon the back of the camel. As the camel started to move across the sand dunes, I got an above the world experience. In front of me, there was only the ocean of sand and I felt that I became an ancient Rajput Hero, moving towards war along with my camel squad. Whenever I reminisced about that camel safari, I feel that lively experience sitting thousands of miles away.
.

1 comment: